Sunday, September 6, 2009

believe me, I do too

"It seems, the only one that can't see your beauty, is the face staring back at you in the mirror."

There are some things that we simply can't change. That we simply cannot do anything about. That despite all our best efforts, we cannot control it.

Our height, age, ethnicity, hair colour, eye colour, face, body types etc.
Our family, how many siblings we have.
And to a certain extent, we do not have a choice who we fall in love with.

It is established that these things are unchangeable by nature.

Sometimes it is so much easier to get sad, cry and whinge about thingswe had no choice over.
Why am I a head shorter than everyone else?
I want an older brother! Why does she get one?
I love him but I don't want to. No, no, no!

And we all know that getting worked up over things uses a lot of potential energy. So instead, why not direct that energy in another, more positive way?

Love yourself. Love your family. And get that boy to love you ;)

Everyone has those days. Where you wake up and all you see is the darker, worse side of things.

Believe me, I do too, Lisa xx

No comments: